The National Archives is the Official Archives of the government of St. Kitts and Nevis. We also hold a number of small private collections. Our records come in a variety of formats, which include, manuscripts, maps and plans, photographs, magnetic tape and optical media.
The National Archives collects records from
- – the office of the Prime Minister and of Cabinet
- – any Ministry, Department, Commission, Committee, office and other body under the Government of St. Christopher and Nevis
- – Any post representing the Government of St. Christopher and Nevis outside the country
- – The St. Kitts and Nevis Defence Force and Royal St. Christopher and Nevis Police Force
- – Parliament and the Electoral Commission
- – Court of Appeal, High Court or any Court or tribunal with jurisdiction within St. Christopher and Nevis
- – Public Corporations
- – Predecessor or successor institutions to the ones already listed
As well as
- – Private records created by a person, family or a corporate body.
- – Discrete items where the actual intrinsic or historical value of the record is great enough to merit its long-term preservation.
We provide advice on the management and preservation of records
Our mandate is laid out in the National Records and Archives Act, No. 2 of 2001 (Act)
We provide access to our holdings under these conditions.
- – Access policy
- – Reproduction of archival material
- – publications policy